Online Ph.D. in Literacy
Advance the Practice of Literacy Education
Cultivate the skills you need to make a difference in improving educational outcomes. The program prepares you for literacy education roles at the school, district, state or federal level in schools and universities as teacher educators. Learn in a program focused on the Vincentian values of faith and service to assist the underserved.
When you earn your online Ph.D. in Literacy from St. John’s University, you graduate ready to apply the latest research and specialized knowledge to creating innovative solutions that meet the literacy needs of at-risk learners.
Areas of Specialization
Customize your program by selecting one of these specialties:
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Educational Leadership
- Special Education
St. John’s Ph.D. in Literacy Program Benefits
- Customize your study to your desired career path.
- Study a curriculum with an overarching focus on at-risk learners.
- Find solutions to literacy challenges and inequities through active research.
- Learn from full-time online instructors who are practitioners in the field and dedicated to your success.
Program Fast Facts
- 42 credits to complete, that are completed prior to a dissertation project
- Complete your degree in as little as 2.5 to 3.5 years
- Ranked 22nd Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report
An online Ph.D. in Literacy from St. John’s gives you all the tools you need to address the needs of at-risk learners and advance the field of literacy education. Contact an Admissions Advisor for more information at 844-393-1677 or complete the form to the right.