Online M.S. in Library and Information Science
Deliver Access to Information
The online M.S. in Library and Information Science gives you the advanced knowledge to become an information specialist in the industry and area of your choice.
In this American Library Association (ALA) accredited program, you learn how to analyze, evaluate and organize information using innovative research tools that are revolutionizing librarianship and information professions.
Four Career-Building Specializations
Develop a specialty through your choice of specialization in:
- Academic Librarianship
- Archival Studies
- Public Librarianship
- Youth Services
Online Library and Information Science Certificates
These certificates may be completed as part of the online Master of Science in Library and Information Science program with no additional coursework:
- Advanced Certificate in Management for Information Professionals
- Advanced Certificate in Social Justice in the Information Professions
- 36 Credit-hours
- Complete in as little as 2 years
- Ranked 31st Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Prepare for specialized information roles within your area of interest.
- Build ALA core competencies to showcase to employers.
- Learn from practice-based faculty to apply modern models of service delivery.
- Gain real-world experience from curriculum based on experiential and academic learning.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Students having a GPA below 3.0 may receive a conditional acceptance, depending on work experience.
- Students having a GPA of 3.4 or higher may be eligible for the O'Connell Scholarship.
The online M.S. in Library and Information Science from St. John’s gives you the practical knowledge and experience to go beyond traditional approaches to enhance information delivery in your community. Contact an Admissions Counselor for more information at 844-393-1677 or complete the form to the right.