Online Master of Science in Accounting
Your Talent. Our Accounting Expertise. Your Future.
Prepare for the CPA exam, connect with Big Four accounting firms, and learn from distinguished faculty.
When you earn your online M.S. in Accounting from St. John’s University, you study the knowledge areas for licensure, collaborate with top industry and professional groups, and learn from a CPA-licensed practitioner faculty. Become a master accountant and gain the specialized technical knowledge in accounting, tax, and auditing in this AACSB-accredited program.
St. John’s M.S. in Accounting Program Benefits
- The program fulfills all of the accounting education requirements to sit for the uniform CPA examination and to be licensed as a certified public accountant (CPA) in the State of New York and most other states.
- Gain the technical knowledge you need to address changing tax and financial regulations.
- Join a successful alumni network that is well-represented in the “Big Four” and regional accounting firms.
- Connect to peers in a variety of industries and specialties relevant to your career.
- Study with a distinguished faculty who all hold doctoral or terminal law degrees and are current CPAs.
Prepare for roles from Auditor to CFO with salaries that range from $62,054 to $125,026.*
Program Fast Facts
- 33 credits to complete
- GMAT waivers available
- Ranked 45th Best Online Graduate Business Programs by U.S. News & World Report and 6th for the 40 Best Master’s Degrees in Accounting Online for 2018 by Best College Reviews.
- AACSB-accredited program
- Endorsed by professional organizations including:
- ACCA (The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners)
- IAEP (The Institute of Internal Auditors)
- IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) as having a model curriculum.
- PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education)
- Undergraduate business major or have completed 36 credits in business in a graduate business program or a school of law.
- Preferred GPA of 3.25
- GMAT/GRE (waivers are available)
For a full list of admissions requirements, please complete the form to the right.
An online M.S. in Accounting from St. John’s provides the practical CPA education and big-accounting connections to facilitate your career advancement in accounting. Contact an Admissions Advisor to take your next steps toward career advancement 844-393-1677 or complete the form to the right.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Accountants and Auditors, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htmhttps://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm