Online Master of Public Health
Advance the Health and Well-being of Your Community
The Master of Public Health from St. John’s University gives you the confidence, experience, knowledge and skills to advance the health of your communities and people worldwide.
Through coursework and hands-on fieldwork practice that applies public health concepts to real-world scenarios, you will graduate from St. John’s equipped to tackle complex community health issues, shape programs and policy, and be a competitive candidate in today’s job market.
Whether you are addressing healthcare disparities, the risks of smoking and drinking, or the spread of emergent diseases, your work as a public health practitioner will truly benefit the world.
Program Fast Facts
- Total Credits: 45
- Time to Complete: Two years full time (nine credits/semester including summer), or a maximum of five years part time (three credits/semester including summer)
- Community Health Concentration: In-depth coursework covers complex behavioral, social and cultural factors that impact the health of populations, such as nutrition and disease prevention
- Career Opportunities: Health care data analysts, program planners, evaluators, educators and managers
- Accreditation: Program meets the core competency required by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and is currently seeking accreditation
What to Expect
- Learn alongside practice-based faculty who are experts in the public health field.
- Obtain the skills to serve as a public health leader, work with communities to improve health, prevent disease and protect the public.
- Partner with a local public health organization for 200 hours of practicum fieldwork and showcase the outcome in a conference setting.
- Through culminating coursework, synthesize your public health skills to refine your research methods and transfer your skills from theory to practice.
- Delivered entirely online, you will have access to expert faculty and academic resources to support your studies.
- Complete a curriculum that embodies the Vincentian mission of St. John’s University, inspired by St. Vincent de Paul’s compassion and zeal for community service for the marginalized and disadvantaged.
Opportunities to Advance
A Master of Public Health gives you a competitive advantage toward leadership positions in community health.
|TITLE||2016 MEDIAN INCOME*|
|Community Health Worker||$44,390|
|Dietitian and Nutritionist||$58,920|
*Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016.
To learn more, contact an Admission Counselor at 844-393-1677 or use the Request More Information form on this page.